Chairman of NOROO Group, participated in 『National ...
NOROO Group Chairman, Han Young-jae, participated in the “National Children's Traffic Safety Relay Challenge” to prevent traffic accidents and to create a safe traffic environment.The event, which started in December last year by the Ministry of Public Administration and Security and the Ministry of Education, aims to form a public consensus on the prevention of traffic accidents in children's protection zones. Participants share the slogan for establishing a children's traffic safety culture and appoint the next runner.Chairman Han Young-jae participated in the campaign under the nomination of Woori Bank Chairman Kwon Kwang-seok, and posted related photos and messages on SNS.The next participants ed by Chairman Han are President Kim Young-jin of Chairman of Sebang Travel and former president of Korea Travel Industry Association (KATA), CEO Chang-hee Oh from Handok co. ltd, and Professor Lee Jiman from Yonsei University School of Business.Separately, Noroo Group has conducted the “Children's Traffic Safety Campaign” every year as part of its social contribution activities. Last year, with the Korea Transportation Safety Authority and the Korean Red Cross, the “Wall-Painting Campaign to rethink Children's Traffic Safety Awareness” received positive reviews from the local community.'Children's Traffic Safety Mural Campaign' hosted by Noroo Paint Co., Ltd. and Korean Red Cross, Shinnam Elementary School, photo courtesy of Noroo Holdings Co., Ltd.In addition, Noroo Paint Co., Ltd., a flagship subsidiary, is in discussions with the Korea Transportation Safety Authority to establish a “Child Safe Zone” in child protection area and crosswalks by using eco-friendly paints with enhanced visibility. Noroo Group plans to continue to promote activities that are practically helpful for the safety of children's traffic.Chairman Han said, “NOROO Group has been carrying out social contribution activities every year for the safety of our children. However, even more important than this, he emphasized, “I believe it is “settlement of a traffic culture which puts SAFETY FIRST,” and added that “NOROO will support activities which practically conducive to the establishment of a proper transportation culture and traffic safety for children.”
Chairman of NOROO Group, received ‘2020 Mecenat Gr...
Ⓒ Maeil Economic Daily & mk.co.kr, unauthorized reproductionand redistribution prohibited
‘NOROO Bio Convergence Research Institute’ succeed...
[NOROO Bio Convergence Research Institute, photo courtesy by NOROO Holdings Co., Ltd.]The ‘NOROO Bio Convergence Research Institute’ under Noroo Holdings co. ltd, well known as the holding company of Noroo Paint co. ltd., has been researching to improve the “quality of life” for consumers.As a result of years of research in the development of sustainable future biomaterials. They have succeeded in developing technology for commercialization of eco-friendly biomaterials that can also improve environmental problems.This material is called ‘3HP’ (3-Hydroxypropionic acid), which is used in natural materials such as corn and palm oil.It is a material that is produced through bio process and also somewhat is unfamiliar to the general public.3HP is called 'Platform Chemical' because it can be applied and developed in various forms.Typically, sanitary napkins, infants, and adult basal highly absorbent resins (SAP), biodegradable plastics, and paints.It can be applied to a wide range of solvents.It was ed as the third most important material among the ‘Top 12 future biomaterials’ by the US Department of Energy (DOE) in 2004, and is still highly appreciated as an important platform. Bio-based 3HP can be produced from natural materials, making it ‘sustainable’ and improving problems arising from existing chemicals.First, it is a bio-material which could minimize the risk of human contact and skin exposure.Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, plastic-based personal protective equipment such as medical masks, gloves, and visors has rapidly increased. Simultaneously, many human side effects have also been reported.3HP can alleviate allergic reactions. Therefore, with this material, it is expected to expand the area of eco-friendly medical plastics from simple protective equipment to specialized equipment.In addition, natural biodegradation is possible, so it can produce so-called “rotting plastic” (Bioplastic).With the recent expansion of the ‘untact’ industry. Delivery volumes are being increased rapidly.Accordingly, ‘white pollution', which refers to environmental pollution caused by disposable containers such as plastic, vinyl, and styrofoam, is becoming a reality (*recyclable waste increased by 16% year-on-year, Ministry of Environment), and the current plastic recycling rate is limited to *10% level (*Ministry of Environment).If we could produce “biodegradable bioplastics” with 3HP, we may expect similar effect of improving environmental pollution.Regarding the recent issue of “*sanitary napkin carcinogens” (* 97% carcinogenic substances in circulation sanitary napkins from 2014 to 2017, Member of congress, Lee Yong-ho's office), as a major material in sanitary napkins.It is possible to replace the 'super absorbent resin' (a water absorbing material that absorbs up to 1,000 g of water per gram) with a bio-based 3HP material. Therefore, it is possible to minimize the side effects of the human body on the controversial chemical substances, and you can also lower the specific gravity of toxic substances.The market value is expected to reach tens of trillion won depending on the scope of application.For instance, ‘Super absorbent polymer’(SAP), which can absorb water, assuming that 3HP replaces SAP market, the market size is estimated to be at least *10 trillion won (*US BEROE research estimation).In addition, the global scale is expected to reach tens of trillion won when considering the “polymer” (material for plastic) material market.The NOROO Bio Convergence Research Institute has improved the low production yield and lowered the cost, whichwas a major problem of conventional commercialization, through the development of highly productive strains, efficientadditive discovery, and process optimization.They have acquired domestic and foreign patents for related technologies, and ‘test production’ (in Demo Scale) inthe first half of next year for an optimized automated process. The completion of the facility construction is about to come.Upon success, it will also secure process technology for the world's first 3HP Mass Production.
NOROO Holdings Co., Ltd. achieves the 2nd consecut...
Photo 1: 2020 Red Dot Design Winner :'TIDES', Photo courtesy of NOROO GroupNOROO Holdings, a holding company of NOROO Paint co. ltd., has won the 'Brands & Communications Design Award' at the <2020 Red Dot Design Award>. In 2018, NOROO also received thein Red Dot for the first time among Korean paint & coatings industry companies, and brought huge attention.The “Red Dot Design Award”(Germany), which started in 1955, is called as the “Global Top 3 Design Awards” along with “IF Award” (Germany) and “IDEA” (USA).In this special awards, they judge not only the design aspect but also evaluate ‘creativity’ and ‘innovative skills’ comprehensively tothe best design by field.The award-winning work, 'Tides' is a masterpiece that was exhibited during ‘Milan Design Week’ in 2019.It has been a topic of collaboration with artists Lee Kwang-ho and Burberry, who have collaborated with domestic and global brands such as Fendi and Dior. Is the work of 'Wang & Söderström'.The Tides theme had been inspired by B color trend book “cover all” (2018 version, Theme : ‘Essence’), published annually by NSDS (NOROO Seoul Design Studio) - `Tides’, which symbolizes the original beauty of nature'' is beautiful. It was received by the audience by expressing it as a sculpture and space composition. The artist's stool, which shaped the moon, showed beautiful images and was used as a resting place for the audience, and was praised as a work with aesthetics and functionality.This exhibition was ed as a topic of “The Top 10 Exhibits in Milan” by FRAME, the global architectural magazine frame, and “Exhibit 15 that should not be missed” by Italian famous interior magazine D CASA.[Photo 2: from left 'Wang & Söderström', Lee Kwang-ho, Photo courtesy of NOROO Group]An official from the NOROO Group said, "We are honored to have won the Red Dot Design Award of the world's authority twice." At the same time, we would like to establish ourselves as a global company that provides cultural and artistic inspiration.”From Dong-A daily newspaper
"What is the source of inspiration for creation?"
- NCTS 2020 '(Noroo International Color Trend Show) held, forecasting future color & design trends- Underwater restaurant designed by Martin Gran, Snohetta & ‘The Legend of Benetton’, Olivier ToscaniNCTS 2020 Main Poster, Photo courtesy of NOROO HoldingsNOROO Group successfully finished the Asia's largest color & design seminar, 'NCTS 2020' (NOROO International Color Trend Show) at DDP (Dongdaemun Design Plaza) on December 5th.NCTS has continually talked about the source of artistic inspiration under the theme of ‘Humanity’, followed by ‘Essence’.This year’s theme is ‘Narcissus’ (a Greek mythological figure). The conference will suggest trends by focusing on the new creative inspiration given by facing one's self, rather than one-dimensional beings that continue to survive.This year, World-Renowned-experts were ed as speakers. They were ed in various fields such as architecture, photography, murals, flower art, etc. In particular, Martin Gran from Norwegian architecture office 'Snohetta' which received the attention by designing 'Under', the first underwater restaurant in Europe. Olivero Toscani, 'Legend of Benetton's mythology' has been invited as well.2020 Lecturer, Photo courtesy of NOROO Holdings Co., Ltd. (from left) Seth Globepainter, Nicolai Bergmann, Hyun Jung O, Kim Seung-Hyun, Oliviero Toscani, Martin Gran.▲ Seth Globepainter (France)An artist who draws huge murals around the world, he has gained fame for his interior murals in Bordeaux castle, France. It conveys political and social themes through colorful colors and friendly characters. I will give a lecture on how to express opposing elements in space through colors.▲ Nicolai Bergmann (Denmark)As a dedicated flower artist at 「Four Seasons Hotel」 in collaboration with Louis Vuitton and L'Oréal. He features a world of works combining bold colors of Europe with subtleties of East. We will discuss future trends with the theme of “The colors of Flower Business”.▲NPCI Hyun Jung O, Kim Seung Hyun (both Principal Researcher, South Korea)NPCI, Jung-Oh Hyun, and Seung-Hyun Kim will introduce the color / material that will lead 2020 derived from big data and how to apply it to practical applications.▲ Olivero Toscani (Italy)As a protagonist of the creation of a myth that raised Benetton to a world-class fashion brand, he is known as a pioneer of “creative visualism” that breaks social taboos and stereotypes through photography. We will explain the new perspective on color under the theme of 'white and black as color'.▲ Martin Gran (Norway)As partner and architect of the Snohetta studio, the studio's masterpieces include Oslo Opera House, New York Times Square Renovation and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) expansion. Recently, the underwater restaurant 'Under' has been ed as a global topic. In addition, Busan Opera House, designed by Snohetta, will be built in Busan's North Port Marine Cultural District in 2021.We will communicate with the audience on how to project and inspirations from everyday life on the theme of 'People, Process, Projects'.▲ A limited edition trend book with the latest color design information, Coverall Vol. 04, Narcisos (COVER ALL, Vol. 04, NARCISSUS) will be released. Mario Bellini, the living legend of Italian design, took over the cover design.Tickets can be purchased through Naver Reservation and Interpark Ticket.
‘Design Philosophy of NOROO’ attracts Milan
- Participated in 'Milan Design Week' for the first time in the paint industry- Demonstrates 'Space Design beyond Color'‘TIDE’ – NOROO’s first exhibition title in 2019 MDWEvery April in Milan, Italy, the entire city becomes shimmering and festive. This is because Milan Design Week is being held, which is the world's largest design exhibition. Around 400,000 people visit Milan each year for the event.As the event attracts international attention, Many Korean domestic companies have been actively involved.Companies in various fields such as furniture, fashion, car and home appliance companies held exhibitions in Milan during the event and utilized them as opportunities to publicize their 'design philosophy'.This year, ‘Milan Design Week’ was held from April 9th to April 14th. As in last year, several global companies such as Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics and Hyundai motors participated, however, this year, a new name was noticed.The heroine was a well- known Paint Company in Korea, NOROO Group.◆ Well covered and appreciated by International media"We were named as the first paint manufacturer in Korea to participate in Milan Design Week," a NOROO official said.During this year's Milan Design Week, NOROO published their work on creative color and space design philosophy at the renowned exhibition venue "Ventura Centrale" in Milan.The title of the exhibition is called "Tide" which symbolizes power of the nature. It was named after the inspirational nature's primordial beauty in the form of color and space.Since NOROO participated in the event for the first time among Korean domestic paint companies, they have devoted themselves to the process of making the exhibition. It also appears in the face of those who participated in the production of the work. They finished the work with famous artists who have received much attention to the world.Mr. Lee Kwang Ho from Korea participated the exhibition as one of the main designers. Currently he is one of the world's most notable designers, bringing out a variety of works including furniture and space design with his own unique colors. He has also worked with famous brands like 'Fendi' and 'Christian Dior' to show his true value and creativity.Norwegian artists’ team, 'Wang & Sodersrom' also made efforts to produce excellent exhibition. They are also recognized as a prospect design team in the industry, building a reputation for collaborating with global fashion brands such as ‘Burberry’ and ‘Nike’.from left, Wang & Soderstrom from Denmark, Kwang Ho LEE from Korea, ‘Tide’ Exhibition"It's a work that tries to explain the origins of color and design," said NOROO official.NOROO also assumed the role of a 'space designer' who created a new space so that the work world could relocate works of completely different artists and express them.According to NOROO, this exhibition was on display at Milan Design Week, brought more than 10,000 people visited and gathered a lot of attention. In the foreign press, It was introduced as a ‘rising exhibition’.Visitors to line up to see 'Tide'. 'Tide' received high praise from international media.Dutch famous architectural magazine 'Frame' had ed ‘TIDE’ as one of 'Top 10 exhibitions in Milan' this year.In addition to that, well-known Italian interior magazine "Da CASA" had chosen the exhibition as one of "15 exhibitions that should not be missed" and the European architectural magazine "DOMUS" introduced the ‘TIDE’’ too.NOROO official said "It is such a good result of the collaboration among the artists and NOROO so that customers are able to experience and appreciate color designs that could be interpreted in various ways in their lives."◆ NOROO’s design managementThrough the achievements of this year’s Milan Design Week, "design management" of NOROO group is once again bringing the attention. As a matter of fact, NOROO has made a lot of efforts to ‘get away’ from the image of a rather conservative and industrial paint company.The start dates back to 2014. At that time, Noroo decided to pursue brand differentiation by applying design management to paint sector, which is the main business of the company. It was aimed at establishing a relationship with customers so that they could gain a competitive advantage in the industry, as well as discover new business areas.They decided to engage in various brand marketing activities by combining design and color that are easily accessible to so many people.The company launched 'NPCI (Noroo Pantone Color Institute)', an organization specialized in color, and began to develop various brand marketing with 'design'. For example, Noroo collaborated with world famous street art group 'POW!WOW!' and implemented 'Urban Renewal Project'. ‘POW!WOW!’ painted wall paintings using rosewood paint all over the underdeveloped area, and once again impressed young people with the brand name NorooNCTS (NOROO International Color Trend Show) in the second half of each year, also could be an excellent example of NOROO’s representative design management.Every year, they invite famous people from all over the world to present their color philosophy as well as the color trend that will be highlighted the next year. It has become an important event for fashion industry and designers to find out every year.In the second half of this year, color and design trends that will lead the year of 2020 will be presented to global masters in various fields as architecture, fashion, furniture, car and etc.Mr. Han Won-seok, the executive vice president in NOROO headquarter and the head of strategy division, said, "Eventually, our goal is to position ourselves as a culture and artistic inspiration company by utilizing color and design. We will continue to do our best until we can make that happen."Mr. Han Won-seok, the executive vice president in NOROO headquarter and the head of strategy division, said, "Eventually, our goal is to position ourselves as a culture and artistic inspiration company by utilizing color and design. We will continue to do our best until we can make that happen."Copyrights ⓒhankyungbusiness[An article from KOREA ECONOMY WEEKLY Magazine issue# 1222(2019.04.29 ~ 2019.05.05)]
NOROO Group 'Beyond Colors, into the Space Des...
- Introduction of 'TIDES' exhibition with original design philosophy of NOROO'TIDES', 2019 Milan Design Week [Photo courtesy of NOROO Holdings]The NOROO Group, renowned for its affiliate, NOROO paint co. ltd., announced that they have successfully presented the EXHIBITION, titled 'TIDES', reflecting a unique design philosophy during the world's largest design exhibition '2019 Milan Design Week' in Italy, from April 9 (local time) to 14 at ‘Ventura Centrale’.In this event, Wang & Söderström, a prominent artist team (famous for collaboration with global brands as Burberry and Nike) of Scandinavia in North Europe, who gathered the topics in collaboration with Korea's Lee Kwang Ho who previously conducted collaboration with Amorepacific's new office building and Osullok store as well.The Exhibition had been planned to conclude the series of 'ESSENCE' (comprised of 3 different parts), showed differentiated beauty on the theme of 'Tide that symbolizes the beauty of nature's primeval beauty'.Last year, they showed 1st part through a lecture about the essence of color and design during NCTS(NOROO International Color Trend Show), and as a 2nd part, they launched "Cover All" (trend book) at Tsutaya bookstore in Tokyo, Japan and expressed "Eternal Immortality". And as a final part, they presented TIDE, explaining 'the origin of color and design'.NOROO group had taken the role of 'space designer' that relocated works of other authors to create a new space that best expresses themes. They have shown that the new space design ability beyond color has been successful, and featured by this year’s 'Milan TOP10 exhibition' of ‘FRAME’ (Dutch famous architectural magazine) and ‘D CASA’ (famous interior magazine of Italy) had chosen NOROO’s exhibition as "the 15 exhibitions YOU MUST NEVER miss".It was also featured in the European architectural magazine ‘DOMUS’. During the event, more than 10,000 visitors visited the site.According to an official in NOROO Brand Communication department "We are honored to present to customers a sensational exhibition featuring original design philosophy in Milan," and also said "NOROO pursues the design that can be interpreted in various ways in life beyond ‘just simple color and design’. Eventually we will make it possible for customers to experience and empathize our design."At the end of this year, NCTS 2020 (NOROO International Color Trend Show) will take place in DDP and communicate with customers again. Under a new theme, NOROO will show color and design trends that will lead 2020 through world-class masters in various fields.Beyond color trends, NOROO will conduct new activities to be perceived as a cultural and artistic inspirational company. The exhibition site and related images can be found in NOROO official Instagram account (‘NCTS_Official’).Participating artists (from left) Wang &Söderström, Lee Kwang Ho [Photo courtesy of NOROO Holdings]Copyrights ⓒ heraldbiz.com
NOROO presents 'TIDES' by Kwangho Lee x Wa...
1. About 'TIDES' ExhibitionTIDES Exhibition Key Visual ImageThe exhibition takes inspiration from the complex dance of gravity between the Moon, Earth and Sun that gives us tides. During a low tide the water pulls away and revealsa hidden landscape of reflecting puddles and curious shapes.A temporary experience where time, color and light becomes fluid like the ocean. ‘Tides’ showcases 100 stools by Kwangho Lee from the ‘The Moment of Eclipse’ series.Each eclipse shaped stool creates awith the next stool which forms chains of endless variations. Through an abstract low tide landscape Wang & Söderström presents an otherworldly landscape where the visitors can take a low tide walk in changing lightand colors, reflect themselves in the puddles and discover objects and sculptures on uncommon ground. A tribute to the moon and the powerful rhythms in nature.2. About Kwangho leeKwangho Lee_ Furniture DesignerMaking things by hand was a great joy as a child, which seems to be inherited from his grandfather who was a farmer, constantly hand-made daily household goods from natural materials found nearby. Kwangho Lee appreciated the way he looked at everydayobjects and thus began to approach things in similar ways; to give new meaning and function to the most ordinary. Today, as he continuously presents new series of works, his approach has made some developments which are indepth discoveries of moments when materials join another.EducationBA Metal Art & Design | HongikUniversity | KoreaPrize & Experience2017Designer of the year –MADE, Sao Paulo2014Young talent award(shortlist), MilanYoung craftsman of the year, Yeol–Society for Korean Cultural heritage, Seoul2011Artist of the year, Korean Ministry of Culture,Seoul2009Designer of the future(nomination), Design Maiami/Basel, baselIn the collectionM + museum, HongKongDaegu Art Museum, Daegu, KoreaSan Francisco Museum of Modern Art, SanfranciscoThe Monstreal Museum of Fine Arts, MontrealLeeum, SeoulMaas Museum, SydneySwarovski Crystal Museum, AustriaContact InformationWebsite: www.kwangholee.comInstagram: _kwangho_leeEmail: email@example.com. About Wang & SöderströmWang & Söderström_ Spatial / Furniture Designer, ArchitectWang & Söderström is a Copenhagen based interdisciplinary studio with a focus on digital/physical exploration. The studio strives to create mind tickling and unexpected experiences through materiality and technology. Wang & Söderström is comprised of Swedish spatial/ furniture designer Anny Wang and architect Tim Söderström.The bridging of the physical and digital realms is a major theme in their work and they are constantly trying to challenge the boundaries between them. Utilising the best of both worlds and the technology of our time to shape tomorrow’s visual and spatial experiences.The studio wants to throw out pre-existing conventions regarding the digital, emphasising the emotional and tactile side of materials, objects and textures to give the digital a more human, relatable quality and create more meaningful connections.Wang & Söderström’s work has been realized on international range with commissioned work for renowned cultural institutions, leading fashion brands and some of the largest media and communication platforms.EducationBA Fine Arts in Design | HDK -School of Design and Crafts | SwedenPrize & Experience2018'What Matter_s' —Group Exhibition. Dutch Design Week, Veem, Floor, Netherlands'SANO X WANG & SÖDERSTRÖM' —Exhibition. Antenne. Copenhagen, Denmark'Still "Life" ' —Group Exhibition. Mars on Venus Gallery. Tel Aviv, Israel‘The Senses: Design Beyond Vision' —Group Exhibition. Cooper Hewit, New York2017'Transitional Speculation'—Solo Exhibition. Volvo Studio Stockholm-Stockholm, Sweden'Blip Blub Hub' —Art Installation. Made In Space by SPACE10 and ArtRebel, CopenhagenSayhito'Natural Elements Meets Lustrous Futurism' —Group Exhibition. Atelier Meraki, Paris'Rooftop Screenings' —Pop-up Exhibition. MicimpactSquar. Seoul, South Korea'Homecoming Queen' —Group Exhibition. ÖsterängensKonsthal. Jönköping, Sweden'Pro Cicerone' —Group Exhibition. Little Finger Gallery. Malmö, SwedenContact infomationWebsite: http://wangsoderstrom.com/Instagram: @wangsoderstromEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: +45 53 81 81 764. About NOROO GroupNOROO has been a key player in the history of the Korean chemical industry since its establishment in 1945.Based on the color know-how and technology hardened for 74 years, NOROO Group hosts the largest annual Color Trend Show in Asia, called NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS), inviting various renowned influencers from all around the world to imbue color and design industries with creative and novel inspiration.We presented an international color seminar in the theme of 'Essence' at the NCTS 2019 last year, thereafter we held the special launch exhibition for the Color Trend Book, called COVER ALL, in Ginza Six, Tokyo, Japan.While we unveiled the precedent launch exhibition stating the eternal beauty of objects and matters through Essence theme, we presents the original and epic spatial design in the theme of "TIDES" inspired by Mother Nature at the Ventura Centrale during the Milan Design Week, which is in the parallel with the conception of 'Essence'.NOROO International Color Trend Show(NCTS 2019)Trend Book-Cover All Launching Exhibition, Ginza 6, TokyoNOROO GroupWebsite:www.norooholdings.comNCTS info:http://norooholdings.com/en/media/?pIdx=trendShow&B_Name=center&b_dir=bbs&b_url=ncts_list&category=ncts_eninstagram: @ncts_officialBusiness AreaChemicals / Agriculture / Distribution / Consulting & Design
NOROO Group, color trend book 'Cover ALL', ...
[Tokyo Ginza Six Tsutaya Bookstore Event Site, Photo courtesy of NOROO Group] From 29th Nov. to 2nd Dec., 2018, Noroo Group in South Korea had announced that the limited edition of color trend book, <COVER ALL, Vol.03, 'Essence'>, which is a collection of the latest color design information, was successfully launched at Tsutaya bookstore in Tokyo Ginza Six. The color & design trend book proposes future color and design trends derived from big data, published annually by NPCI (Noroo Panton Color Research Laboratory), a subsidiary of Noroo Holdings Co., Ltd. This year, the book explains 'Essence' as the subject of 'Color Essentials', and also explores the technique of applying new materials and latest trends. The book is referred as "Korea's leading color trend book" of which the contents are very much comparable to the trend books of foreign companies, is introduced every year through NCTS (Noroo International Color Trend Show) at DDP. It was acknowledged that NOROO was the first Korean company to launch in Japan. The showcase was held at the Tsutaya bookstore in Ginza Six, Tokyo, which leads the latest trends in Japan, is based on the concept 'ES-SENSE' (meaning 'a feast of countless senses') with a special installation. In the era of accelerated everyday change, images that symbolize "creativity and inspirational elements" were projected on real-time moving canvas and received praise from many Japanese customers who thought "It seemed as if I have come to the gallery" The main cover design was created by Swiss artist Mr. Fabian Oefner, who earned fame for TED lectures and Italian car brand, Ferrari collaboration. The main cover design was created by using his unique technique called ‘Explosion Collage’, which visually expresses the process of decomposing the picture into thousands of pieces due to the invisible force, also brought huge attention & great interests in Japan. [Cover ALL Vol3. Main Image, Fabian Oefner X NOROO, photo courtesy of NOROO Group] “We are very proud to enter Japanese market, which is considered to be the largest market in Asia, thanks to the superiority of contents of <COVER ALL>," said a NOROO official. “We will challenge Global market with our accumulated information on colors and painting expertise.” As a leading color company, NOROO had collaborated with many artists such as Mr. Lee Kwang-ho (who is well known for collaborating with FENDI, Hyundai Motors and etc.) for <design Miami / Basel 2018> and artist crew 'POW! WOW!’ and supported Finland's 100th independence anniversary exhibition <Moomin, the original painting exhibition>. Copyright ⓒ 조선비즈 & Chosun.com
“NOROO is alive” - beyond Paint & coating, toward ...
- For more than 73 years, New challenges to seed & bio business, based on sales of 1 trillion wonMario Bellini, world-renowned architect and designer, gave a lecture at the 2019 NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS) held on November 15th at the Seoul DDP.[Hankyung Business, Kim Jung-woo Reporter]On 15th Nov. 2018, <2019 NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS)> was held at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, that is an annual event of NOROO group since 2011.On a large display installed under dimmed lighting, a colorful & vibrant ‘feast’ was unfolded. A lecture on 'color' was held in an atmosphere which is as if reminiscent of a ‘trendy club’.World famous artists such as Mario Bellini, who’s been referred as "the living legend" of design world, attended the seminar and talked about his philosophy of color. Other speakers also gave lecture about their points of view that what kinds of color would attract everyone’s attention next year. More than a thousand attendees participated the seminar. Audiences moved their eyes and hands as they watched the screen and listened speaker’s words. The original intent of the NCTS was to provide the industry experts with color information to related designers & specialists. However as time goes, young students interested in fashion or design have come to see themselves in the color trends◆ Establishing a foundation for sustainable management through endless R&DIn this year, the group turned 73 years old. Although it has a long-long history, it is regarded as “young and innovative” company in the paint industry.Looking at the origin of the group, it is completely “out of the way” comparing other conservative paint companies. Recently, Korean construction industry is suffering from recession, however NOROO paint is in the process of steadily improving its performance by offering a variety of "innovation strategies" even when the situation is not good.Not only NCTS. NOROO Group is also collaborating with global graffiti artists. It is showing wall paintings using NOROO paint in Korea.In the meantime, NOROO also worked with fashion designers to show costumes using NOROO spray paint. Through this event, the brand ' NOROO ' has also become a familiar brand for young generation.It was because of the 'Innovative DNA' that has been passed down from the past. NOROO has transformed itself into a ‘young company’. Under the goal of "understanding the market trends and developing the technology that matches them," They have been constantly engaged in technological innovationIt is also the secret that NOROO group could survive for 73 years without falling down even under IMF crisis. The "industry first" tag that always sticks to the rope demonstrates this. NOROO had its own laboratory since 1956. It was the first time in the industry. They assigned employees who majored in chemistry at the university, and started to experiments with the production of new products of printing ink & paints. NOROO officials said, "The institute was the major driving force for the company's growth."In 1976, NOROO established as an independent research institute. Purpose of researching on market demand for quality improvement and new product development, and patents have been conducted since then. In 1987, NOROO also established a color research institute and made an effort to express natural color through paints. This was also unprecedented in the industry. Of course there was a crisis as well. In 1998, during Korean financial crisis, called ‘IMF Crisis’. NOROO faced difficulties other companies. In particular, the bankruptcy of Kia Motors, which was the largest customer of NOROO, was critical.◆ New business investments, forecasting beyond over 30 years. At that time, NOROO was supplying 90% of its paint to KIA Motors co. ltd. Accordingly, the first deficit in company history was recorded. Many people said that NOROO would also fail to overcome the foreign exchange crisis.But unlike other Korean companies, NOROO had overcome the crisis and survived. After the financial crisis, when Korean economy recovered, NOROO regained its position. "NOROO was able to get through the crisis based on constant R&D investment and high-technology" said a NOROO official.In the 2000s, NOROO group did not settle down. In 2006, NOROO group separated the company into holding company ‘NOROO Holdings co. ltd. And business company, NOROO paint co. ltd. Through the spin-off, ‘NOROO o Paint’ was able to concentrate on its own business and supported by its mother company, NOROO Holding co. ltd. In terms of strategy & new business.On the other hand, NOROO Holdings developed various innovation strategies to support & maximize the profit of its subsidiaries. This strategy was valid. NOROO holdings had also introduced various management strategies such as NCTS (NOROO INTERNATIONAL COLOR TREND SHOW). Now it has succeeded in transforming people’s perception of NOROO group from “conservative & old company” to a “completely young & challenging company”.NOROO’s Innovation for the challenge is ongoing. Beyond Paint industry for 73 years, NOROO has set foot on new business areas. NOROO Holdings has established 'NOROO KIBAN' as a subsidiary to penetrate into new business, agriculture business in 2014. NOROO has been fully engaged in the seed and Bio- agricultural industry, which is considered as promising business in the future.NOROO is currently laying the groundwork for establishing a research complex in Anseong, Gyeonggi Province and becoming a global seed & Bio- agricultural enterprise."We are investing for the future of 30 years later," said NOROO official. "We will continue to make efforts to equip ourselves with global competitiveness in agricultural business field as paint industry which NOROO is dominant."▶ Magnifying glassA 73-year old history that had begun with "Raising a company that is beloved as NOROO (the animal that Korean people love)"Starting from a space of 198㎡ in Hoehyeon-dong, Seoul, in 1945, the company now has grown to have 21 subsidiaries and more than 1 trillion won in sales. The process was also very interesting.Initially the company, NOROO was established in 1945 as "DAEHAN offset inks", a year when Korea became independent from Japanese colonial rule. The founder and the former President of NOROO Group, established on the basis of a business philosophy of "For my own country"- based on patriotism.He decided to produce the ink for publishing textbooks. After the independence, Korea had their own language back, but he felt that there was not enough paper and ink to use Korean language and to educate people. This was the beginning of the first ink production company in Korea.Since then, the founder has actively sought out new areas beyond ink for further growth of the company. The result was new item “paint”, and in 1953, founder Han visited Europe and the US alone to tour the paint factory & industry in developed countries for a 'benchmark’At this time, the brand name has also been created. During his visit in Europe, he visited to Bonn, then it was a capital city of West Germany. He visited a gallery in Bonn, and suddenly he found a pair ‘NOROO paintings’. He liked the picture, and he bought it instantly. And when he came back to Korea, he made his company name after ‘NOROO’ just like a picture he bought in Germany. He thought that he should grow the company as if the company is beloved by every customer as the beloved animal, NOROO.email@example.com[This report is the article of Hankyung Business # 1199 (2018.11.19 ~ 2018.11.25)]
"What is the essence of color that will change the ...
NOROO group has just announced that they would hold a color and design seminar called 'NCTS 2019'(NOROO International Color Trend Show) in DDP(Dongdaemun Design Plaza) on November 15th 2018.With this year’s theme, ‘ESSENCE', NOROO group is going to invite world-class experts in various fields such as architecture, space, and furniture area to provide creative solutions. Especially, Mr. Mario Bellini, the 'living legend' in European design, is going to make its first lecture in Korea.Executive Vice President, Mr. WS Han, the leader of business strategy division, has been promoting 'NOROO Group' as a 'Leading Color Company' with capability of having ‘Big data’ of color information and accumulated experience over 73 years, NCTS 2019 is not a just ‘simple design conferences’ but also targeted to share and communicate more closely with customers.NOROO Group is very much proud of their activities.Because most of the speakers, also known as ‘World-top level artists’, hardly can visit Korea frequently, a separate session has been arranged for VIP ticket buyers to share new knowledge and inspiration with artists. During the session, audiences can have actual debate with speakers.Photo = NCTS 2019 Speakers (from left side) Mario Bellini, Raphael de Cardenas, Ian Davenport, Linden NeriMr. Mario Bellini (Italy) is eight-time ‘Golden Compass Award’ winner. He is also a permanent exhibitor at the New York Museum of Modern Art. He designs both architectural and industrial products as such Paris ‘Louvre Museum Muslim Pavilion’, ‘Victoria Museum of Australia’, ‘Cassina Leather Sofa’, and ‘SMEG Kitchen Appliances’. He is going to give a lecture on the “design story” in cultural origin and insights on color with the theme of 'Design as a Cultural Act'.Mr. Rafael de Cárdenas(USA), ed as a ‘Designer of the year’ of 2016 Maison & Objet, has created a relationship with Korea by designing brands like ‘Cartier’, ‘Nike’, ‘Gentlemen Monster New York Flags Store’ and recently Cheongdam-dong ‘Kenzo Store’.He will demonstrate “The Color Leopard”(Leopard Pattern and Color) and will show audiences how to express color sensibly and dynamically in a three-dimensional space.Mr. Ian Daevenport (UK) is an award-winning designer of ‘2017 Venice Biennale’. He pursues experimental works such as synthetic resin and paint instead of using traditional painting expression. He has earned a reputation for working with Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, and SWATCH. He will demonstrate ‘The Taste of Color’ and will show audiences how to create new colors and experimental colors.Neri & Hu(China) is a Maison & Objet 'Designer of the Year' and features a world of art that combines the aesthetic sensibility of the East and the West. He designed ‘Bloomberg Hong Kong office’ and recently the ‘Amore Pacific Sulwhasoo Flagship Store’ nearby Dosan Park area in Seoul.He is going to introduce various cultural approaches to space, material, color, and architectural style under the theme of 'Multidisciplinary Obsessions' and present a technique to create newness beyond boundaries.NPCI’s chief researchers Mr. Hyun Jung O and Mr. Kim Seung Hyun will look at the "underlying things" that can be the subject of creative works, and explain how to make strategic plan that reflects the latest trends, using new materials and colors.NPCI, a subsidiary of NOROO Holdings Co., Ltd., a color professional organization under NOROO Paint Co., Ltd., is researching a ‘Big data-based’ information and multi-faceted color strategy consulting project in both domestic and overseas.In addition, during this seminar NPCI will release a limited edition color book, , which focuses on the latest color design contents.This year's cover design has been designed by Mr. Fabian Oefner(Switzerland), a famous TED lecturer and collaborator with global companies such as Ferrari. The collaborative work will also be on display.Tickets for the event are currently being sold through ‘Interpark’.
NOROO Holdings co. ltd, won the industry's fir...
Concept design Award Winner 'All-in-one paint package', courtesy by NOROO Holdings co. ltd.NOROO Holdings Co. Ltd., the holding company of NOROO Paint Co. Ltd., won the Design Concept Award of <2018 Reddot Design Award>, which is the first in the industry to boast world-renowned authority.「The Red Dot Design Award」(Germany), which is held every year since 1955, is often referred as the world's top three design awards along with 「IF Awards (Germany)」 and 「IDEA (USA)」. The core philosophy behind the award acknowledges beyond only design area, it also evaluates innovation and functionality comprehensively, and s the best design for each field. This year's Asia Regional Awards ceremony took place at the ‘Reddot Design Museum’ in Singapore on September 28th 2018.'Red Dot 2018 Award Ceremony' (Red Dot Museum, Singapore)The award-winning ‘All-in-one paint package’ is basically a combination of paints and painting equipment (trays, painting pads, etc.). It has been evaluated as a practical work that has greatly improved the convenience of consumers by breaking stereotypes."We are honored to receive the world-renowned 「Red Dot Design Award」 for the first time in the industry, and we will focus on designing products that prioritize customer convenience rather than simply ‘putting paints’ in the paint package field." said NOROO Brand Communication department official. On-line Joongang daily news
"The KIBAN, co. ltd.(hereafter “The KIBAN”) enhanc...
Mr. Paik Sae-ki and Mr. Paik Chun Hyun, the family business owner & operator of the farm in Buyeo, Chungchung nam-doFor more than two decades, Mr. Paik Sae-ki and Mr. Paik Chun Hyun (photo), father and son, have been farming tomatoes. Since last winter, they had been planting “mini-top”, new jujube tomatoes seed developed by ‘The KIBAN’ and very much satisfied with the product and even replacing the conventional seeds.Mr. Paik Sae-ki, the owner of the farm said “It is very unusual and not easy to replace seed that planted for a long time, but as soon as I saw new seed from The KIBAN, I felt there must be ‘something’ with the product, and I conducted some tests on my own and the result was fascinating. I eventually changed my mind toward new seed.Also the son, Mr. Paik Cheon-hyun, who started farming after learning from his father, is now working on tomato farming separately as well.Mr. Paik, farming only tomato at a size of 17,190㎡ (5,200 pyeong), said that many farmers continue their business with tomatoes because the Sae-do region is very famous for the tomato mainland in South Korea. Due to the cultivated varieties have been also changed according to consumer demand that from recent six to seven years ago the main product is shifting from ‘Round tomatoes’ to ‘Jujube tomatoes’Mr. Paik has been making double crop for tomato, however he recently has experienced some difficulties due to the high temperature of global warming, but the community and Mr. Paik are working tighter for solving various problems through know-how and experience of precious knowledge gained through the exchange of information from The KIBAN company and Mr. Lee Hang gu, the CEO of Chungdae Pesticide Co., Ltd., in Sedo Province.“Jujube tomatoes”,New Seed product, from The KIBAN, co. ltd.Recognized as 「A leading farmhouse」 in Sae-do, Kangkyung, Chungchung nam-do"Twenty years ago, there was no farming house frame steel pipe, so we made it with bamboo tree and cover it with rice straw to maintain warm temperature."In Sae-do region, according to Mr. Lee Hang-gu, CEO of Chungdae Pesticide Co., Ltd., Mr. Paik’s farm considered to be a leading tomato farm with low failure rate in terms of quantity, quality, taste, price and etc., it certainly belongs to the leading axis in all aspects.Since Mr. Paik was a child, after school, he threw a backpack and directly went to his father's Tomato House. He did not even have any power switch, thus he developed & processed everything manually. He now controls the temperature automatically and makes watering facilities and management technology much easier. If you are willing to learn about farming, you can say that it is possible to do a lot of new farming with the help of agricultural company like ‘The KIBAN’.GAP certified tomato box, the name of his father, Paik se-Ki representative is printed“Now I can see how much you are good at farming by just looking” said Mr. Paik, stated that currently around two hundred households in the Sae-do area are working on tomato farmingFarming houses that were lost during the 「4 major rivers renovation project」(Nat’l project) were more than 25%, and they were rewarded after the project and joined Sae-do area and started more tomato farms.Sae-do area, is a ‘cross section’ where the Iksan border, Jeonbuk and Nonsan are gathered together, considered to be suitable region for agriculture due to moderate climate. Also location is attracted to the surrounding area as a center. In the meantime, technically, ‘agricultural know-how’ is concentrated, and there are many excellent farmers.Mr. Paik said, "We have been doing a lot of assistive projects in the country nowadays, and now our facilities are being modernized, so we feel very much confident that quality is improved in other regions as well." "We will improve the quality competitiveness of Sae-do region tomatoes and we are paying more attention to new varieties of seeds.”‘Mini Top’, the product name of Jujube tomato seed, from ‘The KIBAN’There are too many kinds of tomato seeds and consumers are looking for higher quality more and more, so we must study everyday cultivation methods and diseases in all cases."It is very hard to find a private farmhouse that has received GAP certification like Mr. Paik’s farming house said Kim Yi-koo, the head officer of the Chung-cheong branch of The KIBAN co ltd. "In case of developing a new variety of crops, I think these farmers(Mr. Paik’s) could be good example."Mr. Paik Chun-hyun, representative of the farm said, "Thanks to my father, I was able to catch up to some extent," but "Now I can secure the market even if there is no stable market price(even if the market price fluctuates), I will study more the seeds from ‘The KIBAN’ company and help them to be rooted well in Sae-do region & community.” and he showed a great smile.Lee Tae-ho reporter, firstname.lastname@example.org