‘Design Philosophy of NOROO’ attracts Milan
- Participated in 'Milan Design Week' for the first time in the paint industry- Demonstrates 'Space Design beyond Color'‘TIDE’ – NOROO’s first exhibition title in 2019 MDWEvery April in Milan, Italy, the entire city becomes shimmering and festive. This is because Milan Design Week is being held, which is the world's largest design exhibition. Around 400,000 people visit Milan each year for the event.As the event attracts international attention, Many Korean domestic companies have been actively involved.Companies in various fields such as furniture, fashion, car and home appliance companies held exhibitions in Milan during the event and utilized them as opportunities to publicize their 'design philosophy'.This year, ‘Milan Design Week’ was held from April 9th to April 14th. As in last year, several global companies such as Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics and Hyundai motors participated, however, this year, a new name was noticed.The heroine was a well- known Paint Company in Korea, NOROO Group.◆ Well covered and appreciated by International media"We were named as the first paint manufacturer in Korea to participate in Milan Design Week," a NOROO official said.During this year's Milan Design Week, NOROO published their work on creative color and space design philosophy at the renowned exhibition venue "Ventura Centrale" in Milan.The title of the exhibition is called "Tide" which symbolizes power of the nature. It was named after the inspirational nature's primordial beauty in the form of color and space.Since NOROO participated in the event for the first time among Korean domestic paint companies, they have devoted themselves to the process of making the exhibition. It also appears in the face of those who participated in the production of the work. They finished the work with famous artists who have received much attention to the world.Mr. Lee Kwang Ho from Korea participated the exhibition as one of the main designers. Currently he is one of the world's most notable designers, bringing out a variety of works including furniture and space design with his own unique colors. He has also worked with famous brands like 'Fendi' and 'Christian Dior' to show his true value and creativity.Norwegian artists’ team, 'Wang & Sodersrom' also made efforts to produce excellent exhibition. They are also recognized as a prospect design team in the industry, building a reputation for collaborating with global fashion brands such as ‘Burberry’ and ‘Nike’.from left, Wang & Soderstrom from Denmark, Kwang Ho LEE from Korea, ‘Tide’ Exhibition"It's a work that tries to explain the origins of color and design," said NOROO official.NOROO also assumed the role of a 'space designer' who created a new space so that the work world could relocate works of completely different artists and express them.According to NOROO, this exhibition was on display at Milan Design Week, brought more than 10,000 people visited and gathered a lot of attention. In the foreign press, It was introduced as a ‘rising exhibition’.Visitors to line up to see 'Tide'. 'Tide' received high praise from international media.Dutch famous architectural magazine 'Frame' had ed ‘TIDE’ as one of 'Top 10 exhibitions in Milan' this year.In addition to that, well-known Italian interior magazine "Da CASA" had chosen the exhibition as one of "15 exhibitions that should not be missed" and the European architectural magazine "DOMUS" introduced the ‘TIDE’’ too.NOROO official said "It is such a good result of the collaboration among the artists and NOROO so that customers are able to experience and appreciate color designs that could be interpreted in various ways in their lives."◆ NOROO’s design managementThrough the achievements of this year’s Milan Design Week, "design management" of NOROO group is once again bringing the attention. As a matter of fact, NOROO has made a lot of efforts to ‘get away’ from the image of a rather conservative and industrial paint company.The start dates back to 2014. At that time, Noroo decided to pursue brand differentiation by applying design management to paint sector, which is the main business of the company. It was aimed at establishing a relationship with customers so that they could gain a competitive advantage in the industry, as well as discover new business areas.They decided to engage in various brand marketing activities by combining design and color that are easily accessible to so many people.The company launched 'NPCI (Noroo Pantone Color Institute)', an organization specialized in color, and began to develop various brand marketing with 'design'. For example, Noroo collaborated with world famous street art group 'POW!WOW!' and implemented 'Urban Renewal Project'. ‘POW!WOW!’ painted wall paintings using rosewood paint all over the underdeveloped area, and once again impressed young people with the brand name NorooNCTS (NOROO International Color Trend Show) in the second half of each year, also could be an excellent example of NOROO’s representative design management.Every year, they invite famous people from all over the world to present their color philosophy as well as the color trend that will be highlighted the next year. It has become an important event for fashion industry and designers to find out every year.In the second half of this year, color and design trends that will lead the year of 2020 will be presented to global masters in various fields as architecture, fashion, furniture, car and etc.Mr. Han Won-seok, the executive vice president in NOROO headquarter and the head of strategy division, said, "Eventually, our goal is to position ourselves as a culture and artistic inspiration company by utilizing color and design. We will continue to do our best until we can make that happen."Mr. Han Won-seok, the executive vice president in NOROO headquarter and the head of strategy division, said, "Eventually, our goal is to position ourselves as a culture and artistic inspiration company by utilizing color and design. We will continue to do our best until we can make that happen."Copyrights ⓒhankyungbusiness[An article from KOREA ECONOMY WEEKLY Magazine issue# 1222(2019.04.29 ~ 2019.05.05)]
NOROO Group 'Beyond Colors, into the Space Des...
- Introduction of 'TIDES' exhibition with original design philosophy of NOROO'TIDES', 2019 Milan Design Week [Photo courtesy of NOROO Holdings]The NOROO Group, renowned for its affiliate, NOROO paint co. ltd., announced that they have successfully presented the EXHIBITION, titled 'TIDES', reflecting a unique design philosophy during the world's largest design exhibition '2019 Milan Design Week' in Italy, from April 9 (local time) to 14 at ‘Ventura Centrale’.In this event, Wang & Söderström, a prominent artist team (famous for collaboration with global brands as Burberry and Nike) of Scandinavia in North Europe, who gathered the topics in collaboration with Korea's Lee Kwang Ho who previously conducted collaboration with Amorepacific's new office building and Osullok store as well.The Exhibition had been planned to conclude the series of 'ESSENCE' (comprised of 3 different parts), showed differentiated beauty on the theme of 'Tide that symbolizes the beauty of nature's primeval beauty'.Last year, they showed 1st part through a lecture about the essence of color and design during NCTS(NOROO International Color Trend Show), and as a 2nd part, they launched "Cover All" (trend book) at Tsutaya bookstore in Tokyo, Japan and expressed "Eternal Immortality". And as a final part, they presented TIDE, explaining 'the origin of color and design'.NOROO group had taken the role of 'space designer' that relocated works of other authors to create a new space that best expresses themes. They have shown that the new space design ability beyond color has been successful, and featured by this year’s 'Milan TOP10 exhibition' of ‘FRAME’ (Dutch famous architectural magazine) and ‘D CASA’ (famous interior magazine of Italy) had chosen NOROO’s exhibition as "the 15 exhibitions YOU MUST NEVER miss".It was also featured in the European architectural magazine ‘DOMUS’. During the event, more than 10,000 visitors visited the site.According to an official in NOROO Brand Communication department "We are honored to present to customers a sensational exhibition featuring original design philosophy in Milan," and also said "NOROO pursues the design that can be interpreted in various ways in life beyond ‘just simple color and design’. Eventually we will make it possible for customers to experience and empathize our design."At the end of this year, NCTS 2020 (NOROO International Color Trend Show) will take place in DDP and communicate with customers again. Under a new theme, NOROO will show color and design trends that will lead 2020 through world-class masters in various fields.Beyond color trends, NOROO will conduct new activities to be perceived as a cultural and artistic inspirational company. The exhibition site and related images can be found in NOROO official Instagram account (‘NCTS_Official’).Participating artists (from left) Wang &Söderström, Lee Kwang Ho [Photo courtesy of NOROO Holdings]Copyrights ⓒ heraldbiz.com
NOROO presents 'TIDES' by Kwangho Lee x Wa...
1. About 'TIDES' ExhibitionTIDES Exhibition Key Visual ImageThe exhibition takes inspiration from the complex dance of gravity between the Moon, Earth and Sun that gives us tides. During a low tide the water pulls away and revealsa hidden landscape of reflecting puddles and curious shapes.A temporary experience where time, color and light becomes fluid like the ocean. ‘Tides’ showcases 100 stools by Kwangho Lee from the ‘The Moment of Eclipse’ series.Each eclipse shaped stool creates awith the next stool which forms chains of endless variations. Through an abstract low tide landscape Wang & Söderström presents an otherworldly landscape where the visitors can take a low tide walk in changing lightand colors, reflect themselves in the puddles and discover objects and sculptures on uncommon ground. A tribute to the moon and the powerful rhythms in nature.2. About Kwangho leeKwangho Lee_ Furniture DesignerMaking things by hand was a great joy as a child, which seems to be inherited from his grandfather who was a farmer, constantly hand-made daily household goods from natural materials found nearby. Kwangho Lee appreciated the way he looked at everydayobjects and thus began to approach things in similar ways; to give new meaning and function to the most ordinary. Today, as he continuously presents new series of works, his approach has made some developments which are indepth discoveries of moments when materials join another.EducationBA Metal Art & Design | HongikUniversity | KoreaPrize & Experience2017Designer of the year –MADE, Sao Paulo2014Young talent award(shortlist), MilanYoung craftsman of the year, Yeol–Society for Korean Cultural heritage, Seoul2011Artist of the year, Korean Ministry of Culture,Seoul2009Designer of the future(nomination), Design Maiami/Basel, baselIn the collectionM + museum, HongKongDaegu Art Museum, Daegu, KoreaSan Francisco Museum of Modern Art, SanfranciscoThe Monstreal Museum of Fine Arts, MontrealLeeum, SeoulMaas Museum, SydneySwarovski Crystal Museum, AustriaContact InformationWebsite: www.kwangholee.comInstagram: _kwangho_leeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org. About Wang & SöderströmWang & Söderström_ Spatial / Furniture Designer, ArchitectWang & Söderström is a Copenhagen based interdisciplinary studio with a focus on digital/physical exploration. The studio strives to create mind tickling and unexpected experiences through materiality and technology. Wang & Söderström is comprised of Swedish spatial/ furniture designer Anny Wang and architect Tim Söderström.The bridging of the physical and digital realms is a major theme in their work and they are constantly trying to challenge the boundaries between them. Utilising the best of both worlds and the technology of our time to shape tomorrow’s visual and spatial experiences.The studio wants to throw out pre-existing conventions regarding the digital, emphasising the emotional and tactile side of materials, objects and textures to give the digital a more human, relatable quality and create more meaningful connections.Wang & Söderström’s work has been realized on international range with commissioned work for renowned cultural institutions, leading fashion brands and some of the largest media and communication platforms.EducationBA Fine Arts in Design | HDK -School of Design and Crafts | SwedenPrize & Experience2018'What Matter_s' —Group Exhibition. Dutch Design Week, Veem, Floor, Netherlands'SANO X WANG & SÖDERSTRÖM' —Exhibition. Antenne. Copenhagen, Denmark'Still "Life" ' —Group Exhibition. Mars on Venus Gallery. Tel Aviv, Israel‘The Senses: Design Beyond Vision' —Group Exhibition. Cooper Hewit, New York2017'Transitional Speculation'—Solo Exhibition. Volvo Studio Stockholm-Stockholm, Sweden'Blip Blub Hub' —Art Installation. Made In Space by SPACE10 and ArtRebel, CopenhagenSayhito'Natural Elements Meets Lustrous Futurism' —Group Exhibition. Atelier Meraki, Paris'Rooftop Screenings' —Pop-up Exhibition. MicimpactSquar. Seoul, South Korea'Homecoming Queen' —Group Exhibition. ÖsterängensKonsthal. Jönköping, Sweden'Pro Cicerone' —Group Exhibition. Little Finger Gallery. Malmö, SwedenContact infomationWebsite: http://wangsoderstrom.com/Instagram: @wangsoderstromEmail: email@example.comPhone: +45 53 81 81 764. About NOROO GroupNOROO has been a key player in the history of the Korean chemical industry since its establishment in 1945.Based on the color know-how and technology hardened for 74 years, NOROO Group hosts the largest annual Color Trend Show in Asia, called NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS), inviting various renowned influencers from all around the world to imbue color and design industries with creative and novel inspiration.We presented an international color seminar in the theme of 'Essence' at the NCTS 2019 last year, thereafter we held the special launch exhibition for the Color Trend Book, called COVER ALL, in Ginza Six, Tokyo, Japan.While we unveiled the precedent launch exhibition stating the eternal beauty of objects and matters through Essence theme, we presents the original and epic spatial design in the theme of "TIDES" inspired by Mother Nature at the Ventura Centrale during the Milan Design Week, which is in the parallel with the conception of 'Essence'.NOROO International Color Trend Show(NCTS 2019)Trend Book-Cover All Launching Exhibition, Ginza 6, TokyoNOROO GroupWebsite:www.norooholdings.comNCTS info:http://norooholdings.com/en/media/?pIdx=trendShow&B_Name=center&b_dir=bbs&b_url=ncts_list&category=ncts_eninstagram: @ncts_officialBusiness AreaChemicals / Agriculture / Distribution / Consulting & Design
NOROO Group, color trend book 'Cover ALL', ...
[Tokyo Ginza Six Tsutaya Bookstore Event Site, Photo courtesy of NOROO Group] From 29th Nov. to 2nd Dec., 2018, Noroo Group in South Korea had announced that the limited edition of color trend book, <COVER ALL, Vol.03, 'Essence'>, which is a collection of the latest color design information, was successfully launched at Tsutaya bookstore in Tokyo Ginza Six. The color & design trend book proposes future color and design trends derived from big data, published annually by NPCI (Noroo Panton Color Research Laboratory), a subsidiary of Noroo Holdings Co., Ltd. This year, the book explains 'Essence' as the subject of 'Color Essentials', and also explores the technique of applying new materials and latest trends. The book is referred as "Korea's leading color trend book" of which the contents are very much comparable to the trend books of foreign companies, is introduced every year through NCTS (Noroo International Color Trend Show) at DDP. It was acknowledged that NOROO was the first Korean company to launch in Japan. The showcase was held at the Tsutaya bookstore in Ginza Six, Tokyo, which leads the latest trends in Japan, is based on the concept 'ES-SENSE' (meaning 'a feast of countless senses') with a special installation. In the era of accelerated everyday change, images that symbolize "creativity and inspirational elements" were projected on real-time moving canvas and received praise from many Japanese customers who thought "It seemed as if I have come to the gallery" The main cover design was created by Swiss artist Mr. Fabian Oefner, who earned fame for TED lectures and Italian car brand, Ferrari collaboration. The main cover design was created by using his unique technique called ‘Explosion Collage’, which visually expresses the process of decomposing the picture into thousands of pieces due to the invisible force, also brought huge attention & great interests in Japan. [Cover ALL Vol3. Main Image, Fabian Oefner X NOROO, photo courtesy of NOROO Group] “We are very proud to enter Japanese market, which is considered to be the largest market in Asia, thanks to the superiority of contents of <COVER ALL>," said a NOROO official. “We will challenge Global market with our accumulated information on colors and painting expertise.” As a leading color company, NOROO had collaborated with many artists such as Mr. Lee Kwang-ho (who is well known for collaborating with FENDI, Hyundai Motors and etc.) for <design Miami / Basel 2018> and artist crew 'POW! WOW!’ and supported Finland's 100th independence anniversary exhibition <Moomin, the original painting exhibition>. Copyright ⓒ 조선비즈 & Chosun.com
“NOROO is alive” - beyond Paint & coating, toward ...
- For more than 73 years, New challenges to seed & bio business, based on sales of 1 trillion wonMario Bellini, world-renowned architect and designer, gave a lecture at the 2019 NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS) held on November 15th at the Seoul DDP.[Hankyung Business, Kim Jung-woo Reporter]On 15th Nov. 2018, <2019 NOROO International Color Trend Show (NCTS)> was held at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, that is an annual event of NOROO group since 2011.On a large display installed under dimmed lighting, a colorful & vibrant ‘feast’ was unfolded. A lecture on 'color' was held in an atmosphere which is as if reminiscent of a ‘trendy club’.World famous artists such as Mario Bellini, who’s been referred as "the living legend" of design world, attended the seminar and talked about his philosophy of color. Other speakers also gave lecture about their points of view that what kinds of color would attract everyone’s attention next year. More than a thousand attendees participated the seminar. Audiences moved their eyes and hands as they watched the screen and listened speaker’s words. The original intent of the NCTS was to provide the industry experts with color information to related designers & specialists. However as time goes, young students interested in fashion or design have come to see themselves in the color trends◆ Establishing a foundation for sustainable management through endless R&DIn this year, the group turned 73 years old. Although it has a long-long history, it is regarded as “young and innovative” company in the paint industry.Looking at the origin of the group, it is completely “out of the way” comparing other conservative paint companies. Recently, Korean construction industry is suffering from recession, however NOROO paint is in the process of steadily improving its performance by offering a variety of "innovation strategies" even when the situation is not good.Not only NCTS. NOROO Group is also collaborating with global graffiti artists. It is showing wall paintings using NOROO paint in Korea.In the meantime, NOROO also worked with fashion designers to show costumes using NOROO spray paint. Through this event, the brand ' NOROO ' has also become a familiar brand for young generation.It was because of the 'Innovative DNA' that has been passed down from the past. NOROO has transformed itself into a ‘young company’. Under the goal of "understanding the market trends and developing the technology that matches them," They have been constantly engaged in technological innovationIt is also the secret that NOROO group could survive for 73 years without falling down even under IMF crisis. The "industry first" tag that always sticks to the rope demonstrates this. NOROO had its own laboratory since 1956. It was the first time in the industry. They assigned employees who majored in chemistry at the university, and started to experiments with the production of new products of printing ink & paints. NOROO officials said, "The institute was the major driving force for the company's growth."In 1976, NOROO established as an independent research institute. Purpose of researching on market demand for quality improvement and new product development, and patents have been conducted since then. In 1987, NOROO also established a color research institute and made an effort to express natural color through paints. This was also unprecedented in the industry. Of course there was a crisis as well. In 1998, during Korean financial crisis, called ‘IMF Crisis’. NOROO faced difficulties other companies. In particular, the bankruptcy of Kia Motors, which was the largest customer of NOROO, was critical.◆ New business investments, forecasting beyond over 30 years. At that time, NOROO was supplying 90% of its paint to KIA Motors co. ltd. Accordingly, the first deficit in company history was recorded. Many people said that NOROO would also fail to overcome the foreign exchange crisis.But unlike other Korean companies, NOROO had overcome the crisis and survived. After the financial crisis, when Korean economy recovered, NOROO regained its position. "NOROO was able to get through the crisis based on constant R&D investment and high-technology" said a NOROO official.In the 2000s, NOROO group did not settle down. In 2006, NOROO group separated the company into holding company ‘NOROO Holdings co. ltd. And business company, NOROO paint co. ltd. Through the spin-off, ‘NOROO o Paint’ was able to concentrate on its own business and supported by its mother company, NOROO Holding co. ltd. In terms of strategy & new business.On the other hand, NOROO Holdings developed various innovation strategies to support & maximize the profit of its subsidiaries. This strategy was valid. NOROO holdings had also introduced various management strategies such as NCTS (NOROO INTERNATIONAL COLOR TREND SHOW). Now it has succeeded in transforming people’s perception of NOROO group from “conservative & old company” to a “completely young & challenging company”.NOROO’s Innovation for the challenge is ongoing. Beyond Paint industry for 73 years, NOROO has set foot on new business areas. NOROO Holdings has established 'NOROO KIBAN' as a subsidiary to penetrate into new business, agriculture business in 2014. NOROO has been fully engaged in the seed and Bio- agricultural industry, which is considered as promising business in the future.NOROO is currently laying the groundwork for establishing a research complex in Anseong, Gyeonggi Province and becoming a global seed & Bio- agricultural enterprise."We are investing for the future of 30 years later," said NOROO official. "We will continue to make efforts to equip ourselves with global competitiveness in agricultural business field as paint industry which NOROO is dominant."▶ Magnifying glassA 73-year old history that had begun with "Raising a company that is beloved as NOROO (the animal that Korean people love)"Starting from a space of 198㎡ in Hoehyeon-dong, Seoul, in 1945, the company now has grown to have 21 subsidiaries and more than 1 trillion won in sales. The process was also very interesting.Initially the company, NOROO was established in 1945 as "DAEHAN offset inks", a year when Korea became independent from Japanese colonial rule. The founder and the former President of NOROO Group, established on the basis of a business philosophy of "For my own country"- based on patriotism.He decided to produce the ink for publishing textbooks. After the independence, Korea had their own language back, but he felt that there was not enough paper and ink to use Korean language and to educate people. This was the beginning of the first ink production company in Korea.Since then, the founder has actively sought out new areas beyond ink for further growth of the company. The result was new item “paint”, and in 1953, founder Han visited Europe and the US alone to tour the paint factory & industry in developed countries for a 'benchmark’At this time, the brand name has also been created. During his visit in Europe, he visited to Bonn, then it was a capital city of West Germany. He visited a gallery in Bonn, and suddenly he found a pair ‘NOROO paintings’. He liked the picture, and he bought it instantly. And when he came back to Korea, he made his company name after ‘NOROO’ just like a picture he bought in Germany. He thought that he should grow the company as if the company is beloved by every customer as the beloved animal, NOROO.firstname.lastname@example.org[This report is the article of Hankyung Business # 1199 (2018.11.19 ~ 2018.11.25)]
"What is the essence of color that will change the ...
NOROO group has just announced that they would hold a color and design seminar called 'NCTS 2019'(NOROO International Color Trend Show) in DDP(Dongdaemun Design Plaza) on November 15th 2018.With this year’s theme, ‘ESSENCE', NOROO group is going to invite world-class experts in various fields such as architecture, space, and furniture area to provide creative solutions. Especially, Mr. Mario Bellini, the 'living legend' in European design, is going to make its first lecture in Korea.Executive Vice President, Mr. WS Han, the leader of business strategy division, has been promoting 'NOROO Group' as a 'Leading Color Company' with capability of having ‘Big data’ of color information and accumulated experience over 73 years, NCTS 2019 is not a just ‘simple design conferences’ but also targeted to share and communicate more closely with customers.NOROO Group is very much proud of their activities.Because most of the speakers, also known as ‘World-top level artists’, hardly can visit Korea frequently, a separate session has been arranged for VIP ticket buyers to share new knowledge and inspiration with artists. During the session, audiences can have actual debate with speakers.Photo = NCTS 2019 Speakers (from left side) Mario Bellini, Raphael de Cardenas, Ian Davenport, Linden NeriMr. Mario Bellini (Italy) is eight-time ‘Golden Compass Award’ winner. He is also a permanent exhibitor at the New York Museum of Modern Art. He designs both architectural and industrial products as such Paris ‘Louvre Museum Muslim Pavilion’, ‘Victoria Museum of Australia’, ‘Cassina Leather Sofa’, and ‘SMEG Kitchen Appliances’. He is going to give a lecture on the “design story” in cultural origin and insights on color with the theme of 'Design as a Cultural Act'.Mr. Rafael de Cárdenas(USA), ed as a ‘Designer of the year’ of 2016 Maison & Objet, has created a relationship with Korea by designing brands like ‘Cartier’, ‘Nike’, ‘Gentlemen Monster New York Flags Store’ and recently Cheongdam-dong ‘Kenzo Store’.He will demonstrate “The Color Leopard”(Leopard Pattern and Color) and will show audiences how to express color sensibly and dynamically in a three-dimensional space.Mr. Ian Daevenport (UK) is an award-winning designer of ‘2017 Venice Biennale’. He pursues experimental works such as synthetic resin and paint instead of using traditional painting expression. He has earned a reputation for working with Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, and SWATCH. He will demonstrate ‘The Taste of Color’ and will show audiences how to create new colors and experimental colors.Neri & Hu(China) is a Maison & Objet 'Designer of the Year' and features a world of art that combines the aesthetic sensibility of the East and the West. He designed ‘Bloomberg Hong Kong office’ and recently the ‘Amore Pacific Sulwhasoo Flagship Store’ nearby Dosan Park area in Seoul.He is going to introduce various cultural approaches to space, material, color, and architectural style under the theme of 'Multidisciplinary Obsessions' and present a technique to create newness beyond boundaries.NPCI’s chief researchers Mr. Hyun Jung O and Mr. Kim Seung Hyun will look at the "underlying things" that can be the subject of creative works, and explain how to make strategic plan that reflects the latest trends, using new materials and colors.NPCI, a subsidiary of NOROO Holdings Co., Ltd., a color professional organization under NOROO Paint Co., Ltd., is researching a ‘Big data-based’ information and multi-faceted color strategy consulting project in both domestic and overseas.In addition, during this seminar NPCI will release a limited edition color book, , which focuses on the latest color design contents.This year's cover design has been designed by Mr. Fabian Oefner(Switzerland), a famous TED lecturer and collaborator with global companies such as Ferrari. The collaborative work will also be on display.Tickets for the event are currently being sold through ‘Interpark’.
NOROO Holdings co. ltd, won the industry's fir...
Concept design Award Winner 'All-in-one paint package', courtesy by NOROO Holdings co. ltd.NOROO Holdings Co. Ltd., the holding company of NOROO Paint Co. Ltd., won the Design Concept Award of <2018 Reddot Design Award>, which is the first in the industry to boast world-renowned authority.「The Red Dot Design Award」(Germany), which is held every year since 1955, is often referred as the world's top three design awards along with 「IF Awards (Germany)」 and 「IDEA (USA)」. The core philosophy behind the award acknowledges beyond only design area, it also evaluates innovation and functionality comprehensively, and s the best design for each field. This year's Asia Regional Awards ceremony took place at the ‘Reddot Design Museum’ in Singapore on September 28th 2018.'Red Dot 2018 Award Ceremony' (Red Dot Museum, Singapore)The award-winning ‘All-in-one paint package’ is basically a combination of paints and painting equipment (trays, painting pads, etc.). It has been evaluated as a practical work that has greatly improved the convenience of consumers by breaking stereotypes."We are honored to receive the world-renowned 「Red Dot Design Award」 for the first time in the industry, and we will focus on designing products that prioritize customer convenience rather than simply ‘putting paints’ in the paint package field." said NOROO Brand Communication department official. On-line Joongang daily news
"The KIBAN, co. ltd.(hereafter “The KIBAN”) enhanc...
Mr. Paik Sae-ki and Mr. Paik Chun Hyun, the family business owner & operator of the farm in Buyeo, Chungchung nam-doFor more than two decades, Mr. Paik Sae-ki and Mr. Paik Chun Hyun (photo), father and son, have been farming tomatoes. Since last winter, they had been planting “mini-top”, new jujube tomatoes seed developed by ‘The KIBAN’ and very much satisfied with the product and even replacing the conventional seeds.Mr. Paik Sae-ki, the owner of the farm said “It is very unusual and not easy to replace seed that planted for a long time, but as soon as I saw new seed from The KIBAN, I felt there must be ‘something’ with the product, and I conducted some tests on my own and the result was fascinating. I eventually changed my mind toward new seed.Also the son, Mr. Paik Cheon-hyun, who started farming after learning from his father, is now working on tomato farming separately as well.Mr. Paik, farming only tomato at a size of 17,190㎡ (5,200 pyeong), said that many farmers continue their business with tomatoes because the Sae-do region is very famous for the tomato mainland in South Korea. Due to the cultivated varieties have been also changed according to consumer demand that from recent six to seven years ago the main product is shifting from ‘Round tomatoes’ to ‘Jujube tomatoes’Mr. Paik has been making double crop for tomato, however he recently has experienced some difficulties due to the high temperature of global warming, but the community and Mr. Paik are working tighter for solving various problems through know-how and experience of precious knowledge gained through the exchange of information from The KIBAN company and Mr. Lee Hang gu, the CEO of Chungdae Pesticide Co., Ltd., in Sedo Province.“Jujube tomatoes”,New Seed product, from The KIBAN, co. ltd.Recognized as 「A leading farmhouse」 in Sae-do, Kangkyung, Chungchung nam-do"Twenty years ago, there was no farming house frame steel pipe, so we made it with bamboo tree and cover it with rice straw to maintain warm temperature."In Sae-do region, according to Mr. Lee Hang-gu, CEO of Chungdae Pesticide Co., Ltd., Mr. Paik’s farm considered to be a leading tomato farm with low failure rate in terms of quantity, quality, taste, price and etc., it certainly belongs to the leading axis in all aspects.Since Mr. Paik was a child, after school, he threw a backpack and directly went to his father's Tomato House. He did not even have any power switch, thus he developed & processed everything manually. He now controls the temperature automatically and makes watering facilities and management technology much easier. If you are willing to learn about farming, you can say that it is possible to do a lot of new farming with the help of agricultural company like ‘The KIBAN’.GAP certified tomato box, the name of his father, Paik se-Ki representative is printed“Now I can see how much you are good at farming by just looking” said Mr. Paik, stated that currently around two hundred households in the Sae-do area are working on tomato farmingFarming houses that were lost during the 「4 major rivers renovation project」(Nat’l project) were more than 25%, and they were rewarded after the project and joined Sae-do area and started more tomato farms.Sae-do area, is a ‘cross section’ where the Iksan border, Jeonbuk and Nonsan are gathered together, considered to be suitable region for agriculture due to moderate climate. Also location is attracted to the surrounding area as a center. In the meantime, technically, ‘agricultural know-how’ is concentrated, and there are many excellent farmers.Mr. Paik said, "We have been doing a lot of assistive projects in the country nowadays, and now our facilities are being modernized, so we feel very much confident that quality is improved in other regions as well." "We will improve the quality competitiveness of Sae-do region tomatoes and we are paying more attention to new varieties of seeds.”‘Mini Top’, the product name of Jujube tomato seed, from ‘The KIBAN’There are too many kinds of tomato seeds and consumers are looking for higher quality more and more, so we must study everyday cultivation methods and diseases in all cases."It is very hard to find a private farmhouse that has received GAP certification like Mr. Paik’s farming house said Kim Yi-koo, the head officer of the Chung-cheong branch of The KIBAN co ltd. "In case of developing a new variety of crops, I think these farmers(Mr. Paik’s) could be good example."Mr. Paik Chun-hyun, representative of the farm said, "Thanks to my father, I was able to catch up to some extent," but "Now I can secure the market even if there is no stable market price(even if the market price fluctuates), I will study more the seeds from ‘The KIBAN’ company and help them to be rooted well in Sae-do region & community.” and he showed a great smile.Lee Tae-ho reporter, email@example.com
‘The KIBAN’, pioneering new ways of global seed in...
As the path NOROO has walked, expanding its engagement on global agriculture business.A core role of a company is to grow businesses, pursuing profits, creating value, and fulfilling their social responsibilities.Global seed industry is growing constantly as the food security industry which protects national sovereignty assumes full responsibility for the precious food for the future generation. As for Korea's future agriculture, there is a special company which has ambitious plans to secure a bridgehead in the global seed market with strategic investment and capability on continuous development to lead global seed industry.A bird’s eye view of ‘The KIBAN’ facilitySince 1945, NOROO group had been making sustainable growth in fine chemicals area, and become a comprehensive chemical company based on its business philosophy of "For My homeland “ and “Blazing a new trail into the future ", the founding spirit of the group. ‘The KIBAN’ co. ltd is a newly established company, spurring on the leap forward to grow into a global leading company in seed industry. Founded in July 2015 under NOROO Group to engage the seed business and enrich the lives of its descendants by making a new path to the global seed market. The KIBAN is targeting to grow with farmers and make contribution to the development of global seed industry. .The name 'THE' from the company KIBAN symbolizes 'unique and great' and 'KIBAN' means 'foundation' in Korean language.Anseong R&D Park, the test plot will continue to expandtoward the left ginseng fieldTherefore, this is the center of researching and developing seeds to make sustainable growth to become a global vegetable specialty enterprise.Anseong complex, which continues to expand the breeding research facility to around size of 171,900㎡(52,000 pyeong) site, the research engineers are concentrating on the research in the laboratory and the breeding experiment camp.As in the chemical industry, the seed industry has a high entry barriers in the global market as well. In order to go overcome this barrier, ‘The KIBAN’ must constantly strive for global competitiveness through aggressive R & D investment.‘The KIBAN’ House Breeders TestamentSowing the seedsPlanting seeds in house facilityIn this issue, we have interviewed Mr. Won Dong-chan Won, the leader of KRD headquarters, who is in charge of the core project of the research complex. The interview is mainly about ‘The KIBAN’ R&D status and plans.Anseong-si Samjak-myeon has facility of KOC, KRD and potential research siteEntry to the ‘The KIBAN’ Breeding CenterMr. Won Dong-chan, the head of KRD headquarters, explains the Anseong research complex and R & D investment PlansMr. Won Dong-chan said, "The KIBAN Anseong Research Complex is composed of KOC, Seed Treatment Facility, Quality Inspection, Seed Storage area, KRD with Biotechnology Research, Breeding Research Center and ‘ONE-STOP seed development system’ that links all tasks such as breeding, biotechnology, pathology, quality inspection, and quality control. "“We have been able to substitute imported seeds from overseas and supply our new domestic seeds to farmers. We will help reducing the foreign currency outflow in Korea by producing high-quality substitutional seeds and continue to invest in the future. "AI(Artificial intelligence) environment-friendly control system to observe the growth of various seeds.Clean automatic mechanization system of the production facility ‘The KIBAN’ high quality ‘honey melon seeds’(product name : ‘Barenggul Melon’) are being released"The Anseong Biotechnology Center is ready to provide quantitative and qualitative technological growth through innovative research. We make innovation for future seed industry and enhance competitiveness in order to capture all the basic technologies in the vegetable seed market." Mr. Won also said, "The cutting-edge biotechnology research facility means establishing the basis for the development of new genetic resources, molecular breeding and marker analysis in order to enhance the importance of future food and the competitiveness of vegetable seeds. "We will continue to invest on R & D that matches the global market from the beginning, and we will have a quality management system, advanced research system and competitive edge as a global company in agriculture in all aspects.In addition, he added, "We will concentrate our efforts on strengthening our competitiveness. We will also invest in food seed development with vegetable seeds to make agriculture a future growth engine."More than anything else, the background that ‘The KIBAN’ was able to overcome trial and error and grow at high speed in the first three years is ‘Human Resources’. ‘The KIBAN’ also secured core research engineers in all over Korea, which made it possible to launch competitive varieties in overseas markets in a short period of time.In addition to that, The KIBAN successfully secured core talent which is Mr. Choi kyu sul has been appointed as CEO of the company and based on his experience in agriculture for a long time, he played a key role in the preliminary analysis of domestic and overseas agronomic markets for the past 10 years. He successfully set the establishment of competitive core crops and target markets.Mr. Paik Hayng-gu, the chief research engineer of R&D center of breeding, is introducing more advantages of the new varieties of The KIBAN pepperGlobal seed market outlook, becoming more “The Winner-Take-All” systemPepper seeds from The KIBAN are much more resistant to anthrax, TSWV plague, and other viruses. Almost all varieties & new product roadmap of seeds will be available starting from next year.Recently, “The Winner-Take-All“tendency has been strengthened through mergers & acqusition among multinational corporations. “the FEAR” that only the first breed company can survive in the future is on the rise.In addition, The KIBAN is focusing on meeting the needs of consumers through developing customized varieties that our customers desire, while expanding the introduction of innovative biotechnology to cope with the challenge of survival in the global market.Seed development is a type of business that requires massive budget and efforts for a long period of time. In the long term, rather than the short term, we believe that government subsidy is required in order to boost up the industry. For instance, Korean government's second GSP project support could be an excellent example that at the end, Korean company enhanced tremendous competitiveness.Mr. Won added "The government investment budget must be determined by ing competitive companies rather than just “Giving – away” multi-funded investments to any company. Also the basic research should be carried out by universities and national research institutes, transferring technology to the private seed industry. As for domestic enterprises, it is very limited to make huge investment on new technology. Therefore, as a part of enhancing national domestic enterprises competitiveness, Government must lead companies and make the large investment."Lee Tae-ho reporter, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOROO Group, supporting Mr. Lee Kwang Ho’s partici...
Noroo Paint Co., Ltd., major affiliate of Noroo Group, supported Mr. Lee Kwang Ho’s participation in the art exhibition held in Switzerland, <Design Miami/Basel 2018>Lee Kwang Ho, who won ‘the Artist of the Year award’ in the Brazilian Design Art Market(‘MADE’) in 2017, is also well known for his technique of expressing “crossing the boundaries” between ‘practicality’ and ‘artistry’ by utilizing materials that are often encountered in everyday life.Based on this ingenuity, he has been successfully collaborating with leading global companies, and his international fame & recognition has steadily increased.Global collaborative projects such as Fendi’s “Fatto a Mano”, Hyundai Motor’s “Brilliant Memories”, Onitsuka Tiger’s “Pop-Up Store in Myungdong”, etc. made strong impressions to global media.<Design Miami/Basel 2018> is the International Art Fair, held annually in both Basel, Switzerland(June) and Miami, USA(Dec.), and is a global and trendy art collection.This year, Calvin Klein introduced his first installment artworks and received lots of acclaim, with his creative director, Raf Simmons who directed spatial design.The artist, Lee Kwang Ho, demonstrates 22 artworks under the theme of 'Shape of a River' at the independent h. Through the materials(copper plate, wire and etc.) that can be encountered in everyday life rather than traditional material, crafts and design, practicality and artistry and it was naturally melted.It is also characterized by the fact that the application of the material is not limited to its original use but the method of use of the finished product is also opened to the customers' choice. It has attracted the attention of European critics with its distinctiveness and artistry.The colors of all the works and show room display were ed from NPCI's color book “Cover All, Vol2”
NOROO Paint co. ltd, Supporting to connect “Korean ...
NOROO Paint Co., Ltd., a major subsidiary of the NOROO Group, made official announcement that they will support collaborative project for exhibition of major artists at the 「2018 Seoul Hanok Expo」 (SETEK, Seoul, Korea, May 31 - June 4, 2018) hosted by Monthly “Hanok” (Meaning “Korean Traditional house”) Magazine.In this exhibition, under the theme of "Collaboration of Korean traditional arts and contemporary arts" will be showcased through collaborative artworks between a world class mural artist Mr. Cryptik & Korean traditional furniture craft master, Mr. So Byungjin using special NOROO Paint product.Mr. So Byung-Jin is the master of Korean traditional furniture craftsmanship (He literally spent “his life time” for making traditional “Junju wooden cabinet”) and has been appointed as the"Korea intangible cultural property asset"(National Intangible Asset #55). His artworks are referred as 「Korea's masterpiece furniture」.He also won "Presidential Award"during 「Korean Traditional Crafts Competition」.Mr. Cryptik, a Korean American who works mainly in North America region, is the artist who presented mural paintings at the"New Recycling Plaza (recycling facility operated by Seoul City)" in Seoul during the "POW!WOW! Korea" event last year.By many critics, his artworks are often evaluated as “characterized by mysterious and philosophical symbolism through combining various colors and unique patterns.”These two artists who seem to have nothing in common, have decided to “collaborate”.Master So Byungjin mentioned "Over the past few decades, Korean lifestyle has changed from “sitting on floor culture” to a “sitting on furniture culture” lifestyle. I believe Korean traditional furniture MUST evolve and be renewed accordingly for survival.”Describing his work to Cryptik, Master So Byungjin also emphasized the excellence of Korean furniture craftsmanship. "The accuracy of manual work of the Korean traditional craft masters are so precise that anything cannot match, even “AI” (artificial intelligence) system cannot. However, there is some difficulties that I cannot promote Korean traditional furniture internationally due to lack of fund and other marketing skills & experience. That’s why I am trying to make a new developments with modern design and this type of collaboration as well."Master So Byungjin is in the process of making these changes for himself & for the sake of his colleagues in the future, and this collaboration is also one of the starting points of “Change”.Meanwhile, for this event, Mr. Cryptik’ s work will be engraved in the traditional furniture of a small craftsman, which is reminiscent of the 「MANDALA」 (a symbolic representation of various faith forms, meaning "ownership of essence") from Buddhism, It is expected that Mr. Cryptik will present the artwork which seeks the meaning of "法古創新" (Chinese philosophic phrase, pronouncing “Bup-go-chang-shin” : meaning “the creation of a new thing based on the old thing”) pursued by Master So Byungjin.As a Korean American, this event has been meaningful to Cryptik as well, he said, "I visited Korea for the first time in my life last year and felt my root and heritage. Through my work with Master So Byungjin, this time, I have experienced Korean traditions and spiritual values can make new ‘harmony’ through colors even if mother tongue is quite different.""Color, culture and value of design" supported by the NOROO Group“Tradition, Creation, Change, and Root ', these are main four key words derived from"法古創新, (Chinese philosophic phrase, pronouncing “Bup-go-chang-shin” : meaning “the creation of a new thing based on the old thing”) will be re-symbolized by Mr. Cryptik using his own design, which abstracted from ‘lotus flower’ and ‘Korean traditional art’, will be engraved on Master So Byungjin’ s traditional furniture from May 31 to June 4, it be unveiled at WTFM BACKROOM h at the Seoul Hanok Expo (SETEK) Art Museum.NOROO Group is the global leading company of 'color', that every year they hold 'NCTS' (NOROO International Color Trend Show) and conducting "POW!WOW! Korea" events with global well-known mural artists.The company has been communicating "Color, culture and value of design" with customers through various activities and will introduce more color areas to customers and support to connect “tradition and modernity”.source : chosun.com
NOROO Group Announces a Strategic Partnership with ...
NOROO Group made anofficial announcemet that it’s holding company,‘NOROO Hodlings Co., Ltd.’ and ‘MIGLIORE+ SERVETTO Architects’, an Italian architectural studio.(hereafter stated, 'M + S Architects') had reached an agreement ofstrategic partnerships to explore new business opportunity and to enhancecompetitiveness in global architectual market.Through the leadership by Mr. Han Won Seok,the executive director and the head of the business strategy division, theGroup plans to implement and develop new businesses sectors to be new major ‘influence’on Global Architectural market, thanks to its profound expertise and knowledgeof experience of 'COLOR' accumulated for 73 years.Both companies exclusively acknowledge toinitiate new business through various projects(such as 'Salone del Mobile' and other international exhibitions) inMilan, the city connotes as “The Center” of the world's best architecture,fashion and latest modern trends. M+S Architects will have the supports fromNOROO Group to penetrate into Asian market and to be provided with venues aswell. Eventually diverse showcases with new design, culture and “artistic inspiration” through color& architecture will be presented in the market. It is forecasted that co-operative architecturalworks could demonstrate unique elements combining European and Asian culture ina collectively creative manner. In addition, innovative endeavor to breakthrough the ‘existing Architecture market' as such buildings that incorporatedwith state of the art agriculture related technology are being considered.The major objective of the alliance intends not justsettling in ‘limited Korean domestic market’; However, anticipating to setforth new scale of market boundary from Korea to Overseas(Asia and Europe) as anew growth target market and tocorporate strategy which reflects‘Nomad Sprit’, eventaully to be in a position of “Global Leading Color Company’In 1997, 'M + SArchitects' was establised in Milan by architecual preofessor, Mr. Ico Miglioreand his wife, Mara Servetto, an architectural designer. As a Major career achimvemts, Mr. Migliore hadbeen assigned as an “exclusive Spatial director” of Max Mara, a global top-tierfashion company, and also conducted space design of ‘Museum of Modern Art(MoMa)’in New York. The mainportfolios of the company could be summarized as major Landmarks architecturesin Europe, for instance,'Torino Urban Renewal Project’ during the 2006 WinterOlympic Games and 'Chopin Museum' in Warsaw, Poland. 'M + SArchitects' succesfully carried out recent porjects, such as ‘Max Mara Coats!’exhibition in Seoul and installation of Cromative LED in Turin, Italy. TheStudio was also refered and introduced by major European media, 'interni' and'IOARCH' and 'monthly design' in Korea.
NOROO Paint Co. Ltd launching ‘air purifying paint...
- ‘Pantone Air Fresh’- Functional Eco-friendly Paint with Air-purifying effectOn 30th of March 2018, NOROO Paint Co., Ltd. has launched the Eco friendly product, ‘Pantone Air Fresh Paint’ which has the air purification function when it is applied on the wall surface.NOROO Paint’s ‘Pantone Air Fresh’ is a paint that has the function of cleansing indoor air by absorbing formaldehyde, environmental hormones, harmful substances, etc., which are contained in the air and cause sick house syndrome.Pantone Air Fresh is made by a special NANO PORE SIZE structure with Van der Waals force.In addition to physical adsorption, it is chemically bonded with harmful components, attracting formaldehyde from the air, and has excellent dust collection function as well.This air purification functional paint is new innovation that is very effective in improving the indoor air quality by converting it into a component that does not affect human body.NOROO Paint’s ‘Pantone Air Fresh’ paint has been tested by Korea Institute of Construction & Environment, and the results show that its adsorption rate was 11 times higher than that of normal water-based paint. With the certification of environmentally friendly mark and antimicrobial mark, The Company obtained the performance evaluation standard of adsorption building material, which is one of the recommended standard of construction of health-friendly housing in Korea.Normally, it was only available in monotone color, however with new technology, now the company can create more than 1,500+ Pantone colors available.NOROO Paint stated: “Recently, due to indoor sick house syndrome caused by harmful ingredient, consumers’ need for a pleasant environment keeps on rising”,More comments were added “As more and more customers are interested in health and environment-related functional products, we are developing products to meet the customer insights” Now, when the awareness of the indoor environment safety is increasing, it is expected that our new product will be actively utilized in public places, such as schools, hospitals, academies and kid’s cafés to create a space with pleasant and safe indoor environment.